Friday, August 24, 2012

Tequila = :)

Since I have a food & booze section we might as well get this out there from the start, I am a BIG tequila fan!
Yes, I am a trainer and I eat well and rarely drink Monday - Friday.  This doesn't mean the weekend hits and I become a drunk but... it's nice to enjoy a cocktail with friends over the summer.
One thing you can rely on any trainer for is how to slim down any "bad" choices.  Most people don't give everything up and eat 100% perfectly, they learn how to get the best possible version of what they want.

If you are a tequila fan or if you have only tried crappy tequila and need to try something good here are a few different way to try it: (my favorite tequilas are Patron and Costco brand - Kirkland silver...yes, Costco!)

The Skinny - (Yep, I'm also a big Bethenny Fan and the second she said the recipe on RHWNY I was on it!)  2 shots of tequila, 1 shot triple sec, 1/2 lime squeezed in, shake with ice and strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
**For beginners, add a squeeze of Agave Nectar. It makes it sweeter and easier to drink but also adds more calories.

Clean & Fresh - 2 shots of tequila poured over ice in a rocks glass, 1/2 lime squeezed in, fill rest of glass with zero calorie tonic and stir.  This is such a refreshing taste and so easy to take to your favorite BYOB.

Minty - Take either of the recipes above and try muddling a fresh mint leave (in the shaker for the Skinny, with the tequila before pouring over ice in Clean & Fresh).  If you are a Mojito fan this is a fun one to try.

** Warning:  If you enjoy tequila I suggest only having 1 or 2 of the above.  The Skinny is quite strong so don't over do it!

Enjoy the rest of your summer and be responsible with your drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment