Thursday, October 11, 2012

Well...Hello there!

I've just met my new love for the season.
It's a beautiful fall color, great to snuggle up on the couch with, so easy going and tastes great!

Just when I thought I would have to give up my tequila with the colder weather a tequila-cider combo came along. 
I found this easy recipe on-line, wasn't so sure how it would taste but I really think it's great.

Tequila in the Fall:
  • 1.5 oz silver tequila (or whatever you prefer)
  • 1.5 oz apple cider
  • splash of diet tonic

Two ways to make:
Martini:  In a shaker pour tequila and cider over ice, shake and strain into martini glass.  Top with a splash of tonic.
Rocks: Same thing as above but pour over ice in a rocks glass instead of straining into a martini glass.



This is a great dish we tried this week in the crock pot. A bit different from the Mexican Chicken I posted earlier and  it's a nice match with the cocktail above:
Crock Pot Mexican Pulled Pork:
  • 3lb. pork shoulder (ask your butcher what the best cut for the crock pot will be, mine suggested a shoulder roast).
  • 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth (I used a 1/2 cup because I thought it would be dry)
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • Packet of low sodium taco seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can diced green chilies

  1. Cut pork roast in half and place in crock pot.
  2. In a bowl mix chicken broth, garlic, taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
  3. Pour over pork and cook on 8 or 10 hour setting.
  4. Once pork is done, shred the meat, stir in beans and chilies and let it heat through.

Serve in lettuce wraps, whole grain wrap, over nachos....
Top with your favorite toppings, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, plain low-fat Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)....

Great fall combo, perfect for easy entertaining or a day of football.

No comments:

Post a Comment